Friday, June 28, 2013

Week 3 SOC!

I'm trying to make a post on my phone so we will see how this looks! :) I was extremely busy last week and was unable to get week 2 of summer of color done but I did get another cupcake completed for this weeks color prompt, purple and lime green!
 I'm not a huge fan of this one, I just couldn't really figure out how to work those two colors together! I still have a lot to learn.

I am also participating in Junelle Jacobsen's Wild Art Summer : Wildflowers and it is currently in its first week. I have been soaking up her videos and now I'm ready to tackle some of the projects. She does such beautiful art! All I had time for today was some quick sketches of flowers, but it's a start :)

I can't wait to see how I do in her lessons! I'll be back next week :)

<3 Kristin

6 comments:

  1. Hi Kristin,
    WOW, that cupcake looks yummy and so pretty! I think you did a great job with the colors. The creamy white against the background pops and the hints of green/purple in it are just right. So glad you had time to play this week in SOC, missed you last week.
    Thanks for coming by and leaving a comment on my blog. I'm excited that you are in Junelle's class too, she is the sweetest and awesome girl ever. I love how she talks so happily thru her videos and is so encouraging. Those little flowers I did were so fun and I can't wait to do more. So far the first week with her ROCKS!
    How awesome your flower sketches are here, I especially want to learn how to do the bottom right one, can never get it right. All of these look great and can't wait to see you do some with color!
    Have a great week and hope to see you next week in SOC and in class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious treat!. Hmm, I might get one today :). LOVE LOVE your flower sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looked around on your blog: I really like your drawings :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your cupcake and how you used the colors from this week's challenge! And your drawing is wonderful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Your drawing is stunning. I look forward to seeing how it ends up. I struggled with this colour combo as well, love your cupcake though. :)

    ReplyDelete