Sunday, July 31, 2011

M.I.A.

Hello all!! I am sad I haven't been doing much the past few weeks, I've missed brown and red for summer of color :( I've been so busy between work, birthdays, feeling sick and by the time I get home, I am too tired to concentrate on anything.  I have been browsing some of your works though and they are all so amazing and I'm sorry I couldn't share too.  I don't have a new piece for purple but I do have a painting I did about 8 months ago that has purple :-D
I can't wait to see everyone's purple piece. Growing up, I always HATED the color purple. Unless it was my hair (I wanted purple streaks so badly!) then I didn't like it.  I refused to wear anything purple, use purple, etc..  But in the past few years I have grown to love it a lot and appreciate it more.  Now I love purple eyeliner and clothes (the university I go to on and off whenever I can afford it, its colors are purple and yellow so I had to learn to like purple :-D )
On to this piece, it is something I painted on a huge canvas (it was almost as big as me!) using only acrylics,  for someone's daughter.  It is the pixie hollow tree and tinkerbell with some of her friends (copyright disney, I'm supposed to say that right?).  I used glitter in the tree and in their wings.  It took me about 35 hours total to draw and paint this but I love it! I hope you do too :)

6 comments:

  1. WOW! That is amazing! And your size!? LOVE it - and they must have too. So happy to see that you're doing well and keeping busy ;) Thank you for sharing this with us, xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yahoo! This is great fun - luckies little girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is beautiful...i bet she loved this...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This painting is fabulous! You did a beautiful job on it. Sorry you have been so tired, I hope you are able to recharge and find some time for art. Thank you for shring with us!
    Jessi xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable painting!! I'd love to see it in person. Tinkerbell is a childhood favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so all so much :) I have always loved fairies so this was a treat for me to do!

    ReplyDelete